Siemens Enterprise Communications signs International Managed Services contract with Solvay
Beersel / Huizingen, Jun 10, 2010
Siemens Enterprise Communications, a premier provider of enterprise communications solutions, signed a 5-year Managed Services contract with Solvay for the roll out of an OpenScape Voice solution supporting 5,000 ports in Belgium with a potential extension to Solvay’s offices in France and Italy.
Solvay is an international industrial Group active in Chemistry. It offers a broad range of products and solutions that contribute to improving quality of life. The Group is headquartered in Brussels and employs more than 19.000 people in 50 countries. In 2009, its consolidated sales amounted to EUR 8.5 billion.
The organisation is a strong believer in innovation, devoting 15% of its revenues to research. However, its commercial success is also due to careful cost management and enhancing the productivity of its workforce spread over some 400 locations.
Solvay recognized that its global mixed network of PBX systems was unnecessarily difficult to manage and restricting collaboration and communication activities throughout the enterprise. It needed a centralised VoIP communications solution that it could progressively roll-out to all its locations. It needed one that was easy to administer and provide enhanced communications and productivity, at a reduced overall cost to the business.
Siemens Enterprise Communications managed to obtain a strategic contract to manage the communication infrastructure of Solvay’s offices in Belgium with a potential of addressing France and Italy. According to the contract a redundant SIP OpenScape Voice solution will be deployed before the end of June in Solvay’s data center in Brussels.
This first part of the project will allow 5,000 ports to be connected to the central SIP softswitch. The remote sites will be connected through local HiPath 4000 systems or via Siemens’ new branch technology.
The main reasons why Solvay chose the offering from Siemens Enterprise Communications were:
- Solvay’s good service experience with Siemens;
- Siemens’ technology, esp. the capacities of OpenScape in terms of centralisation, management, survivability;
- The OpenScape Voice IT based architecture, which will enable Solvay to deliver consistent services to all of their users at a compelling cost per user;
- Siemens’ Managed Services approach allowing to define a flexible offering per profile type or port;
- The migration strategy for the legacy Siemens systems in Belgium
- Solvay recognized the opportunities of the OpenPath approach and its vision of Open Communications.
OpenScape Voice will allow Solvay to reduce the administration effort currently involved in managing a mixed network of PBX’s. The Siemens’ approach will allow them to plan and stay in control of the migration process so that risk to ongoing operations is minimized.
About Siemens Enterprise Communications GmbH & Co KG
Siemens Enterprise Communications GmbH & Co KG is a premier provider of end-to-end enterprise communications, including voice, network infrastructure and security solutions that use open, standards-based architectures to unify communications and business applications for a seamless collaboration experience. This award-winning "Open Communications" approach enables organizations to improve productivity and reduce costs through easy-to-deploy solutions that work within existing IT environments, delivering operational efficiencies. It is the foundation for the company's OpenPath® commitment that enables customers to mitigate risk and cost-effectively adopt unified communications. Jointly owned by The Gores Group and Siemens AG, Siemens Enterprise Communications GmbH & Co KG includes Cycos and Enterasys Networks. For more information about Siemens Enterprise Communications GmbH & Co KG or Enterasys, please visit www.siemens-enterprise.com or www.enterasys.com.
OpenScape One Number* : +32 (0)2 406 74 01
Siemens Enterprise Communications NV/SA
Guido Gezellestraat 121
RPR Brussel/RPM Bruxelles - BTW/TVA BE 0882.831.147
Siemens Enterprise Communications nv/sa is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG
* OpenScape UC Application is the market leading Unified Communications solution developed by Siemens Enterprise Communications. It allows me to easily define how and via which device and network I can be contacted. Just call my OpenScape number and the system will automatically direct your call to me or allow you to leave a voice message. OpenScape makes communication easier and improves productivity and efficiency for me, for my enterprise and for you! For more information visit: http://www.siemens-enterprise.be.
Back to overview